We use FreetoBook as our direct booking provider.
To check dates you can use this search function and then follow the steps to make the booking.
A 15% deposit will be taken at the point of booking and that will confirm your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. For your convenience we have summarised the most important points at this link but that is not a subsitute for reading the full Terms and Conditions.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND TAKING OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE AND BOOKING CANCELLATION INSURANCE
- The property is offered as a Holiday Let only. The letting agreement is NOT a short assured tenancy or other longer term agreement. Each member of the party staying must maintain a primary address which must be made clear on the booking form.
- The property can accommodate up to 10 people (2 x King Bed, 1 x Double Bed, 2 x Single Beds, 1 x Sofa Bed)
- Parking is available for up to 5 cars
- Pets are not allowed other than by prior arrangement and then only dogs which must be kept outdoors in the kennelled area or in the utility area, kitchen and dining area of the house
- The property is strictly non-smoking as are all the out-buildings. As gas and oil tanks are onsite it is important smoking only take place in designated areas
- The Client is legally obliged to take all reasonable and proper care of the property including buildings, gardens, fixtures, fittings, furniture, pictures and other effects in or around the property and shall leave them in the same state of repair and condition at the end of the rental period as found at the beginning.
- Check in times are after 4pm but must be confirmed 24hrs prior to arrival to allow for keys and check in procedures
- Check out is before 11am on the day of departure but can be varied by arrangement if available.
- Your property is located on a remote island. From time to time the inclement weather means that the ferry service and/or flights may be cancelled at short notice. AS A RESULT
YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO TAKE OUT HOLIDAY INSURANCE FOR YOUR TRIP.
- Whilst rare, there are times where the weather can interrupt mobile phone, Wi-Fi, television and electrical service to the island and our property. The satellite WiFi provider can frequently experience outages as our location is on the fringes of their reception area, we will do our best to rectify any issue but we would point out that free WiFi is available at the Woodland Centre in Stornoway and at Stornoway Airport if your need is urgent. Most importantly the oil central heating system will not operate whilst electricity is disconnected. Guidance on what to do in the event of this is located in the property. No refunds can be made for the days when this occurs as it is part of the day to day life of an island home and is outside of our control. This will not be the case where only our property is affected and a solution was within our capability. In this instance we will endeavour to review the situation on a case by case basis. A solution may include providing an alternative accommodation arrangement and not the restoration of the original condition.
- If you are taking a dog with you it is very important to be aware that Scottish Law allows Farmers and Crofters to shoot or otherwise disable any animal that stresses their livestock. In that respect please ensure you do not allow your dog to run free in Crofting/Farming areas.
- A 15%, non-refundable, deposit is taken at the time of booking. Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of the deposit.
- The balance owing is due 30 days before arrival and full, cleared, payment is due 30 days prior to your arrival
- If a booking is made within 30 days of the arrival then the full amount is due once your booking is confirmed
- A Security Deposit of up to £100 is required per the Terms & Conditions. This is payable 30 days prior to arrival and is refunded within 10 days of your departure from the property less any costs incurred
- Any payment made by the Client to Hebridean Home in respect of a property is deemed to confirm acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Payments by Credit Card, Debit Card, Paypal, and Bank Transfer only. Cheques, cash and Postal Orders are not accepted.
- Allow sufficient time (we recommend two weeks) for bank transfers to clear before the payment due date.
- Payment by bank transfer is not possible for Booking Deposits and payment by cheque is not available for any payment. If your booking originated on our website then the deposits must be paid via our website and may include the requirement to sign up to a PayPal account.
- Payment by credit card will be subject to a non-refundable surcharge of 2% of the transaction value. American Express at 3%. Card charges will be added when a payment is made.
- Visa Debit / Delta, Maestro / Switch attract no charge.
If you need to cancel or change your reservation, be sure to let us know as soon as possible. The cancellation terms, unless otherwise intimated on your booking, are as follows:
- Deposit: NON REFUNDABLE
- Balance of Payment: 30 days before arrival: NON REFUNDABLE WHEN PAID
(see Terms & Conditions for further details)
- If the booking is made within 30 days of the booking you will receive no refund should you cancel your booking.
- In the event of a no-show or booking length reduction (after arrival date) no refund will be given.
- Once a booking is confirmed it is subject to the Cancellation Policy and you are liable for payment of the balance of the accommodation cost, along with any additional charges.
- A booking can only be cancelled prior to the accommodation start date.
- To cancel a booking you must telephone the HH office and speak to us.
- We strongly advise clients to obtain their own holiday cancellation insurance.
To make it easier to understand the restrictions applying to the property you can read about them here. Essentially, if any point is unclear, contact us and we will help.